[GeoNode-users] Region list problem

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 03:24:27 PST 2016

Hi list,

A couple of months ago I changed the region list in our geonode, removing
most of the countries in the world and adding the Brazilian states. This
was done through the Geonode admin interface (Metadata region) and I put,
for each Brazilian state, Brazil as the parent. Back then we were using
GeoNode 2.4beta (can't recall the correct version).

Recently I went to check on the region list and all the countries I removed
came back. The Brazilian states are still there but they are all messed up
in the region list, with some brazilian states being under Chile, for
example. But in the admin interface, the parent is set correctly.

The only change we did in Geonode was to update to the 2.4 final version.
Does this update bring back the old countries, changing our base_region
table?
Or is there some type of block that will not let me remove some of the
countries?

Cheers
Daniel