[GeoNode-users] What is the best way to expose only a few maps to the world?

Amedeo Fadini amefad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 03:43:19 PDT 2016

Hi everybody,

My company ask to expose only a few maps to the outside world.

After configuring ssl I'm obliged to use always the full hostname
(SITE_URL) in local_setting.py even from inside the network (otherwise
geoserver lost auth form geonode).

I was wondering about create some simplified urls like
https://geonode.mydomain.com/public_map.html  (whitelisted in
Firewall)
and setup a few lines of  RewriteRule in a .htaccess file in
/var/www/geonode but it doesn't work, i think because every url
requested is forwarded to wsgi by the virtualhost directive. Also I
think that services url must be reachable from outside...

what do you suggest?

amefad