[GeoNode-users] 'geonode' command on Ubuntu throws "Unknown command" when called without arguments

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Wed May 11 05:14:02 PDT 2016

On 11/05/16 13:51, Simone Dalmasso wrote:
> Sorry I don't understand which 'geonode' command are you referring to.
> If you refer to geonode syncdb from the geonode quick setup then you
> have to issue it before installing the theme.

I am talking about step 4 in the sequence
found here:

http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/admin/customize_lookfeel/customize/setup_admin.html#setup-admin

This is what the official instructions tell
me to do:

1 $ cd /home/geonode/my_geonode
2 $ python manage.py collectstatic
3 $ python manage.py syncdb
4 $ /home/geonode/geonode
5 $ sudo pip install -e .
6 $ sudo service apache2 restart

As you can see: in step 4 I am supposed to run
the command 'geonode' without any arguments.
On a Ubuntu install from packages, this 'geonode'
script is located in '/usr/sbin', and when running
it without arguments, it will throw an error
message.

> after it you can still issue all the commands but using python manage.py.

Yes, that works fine.

Cheers,

Ben