[GeoNode-users] Geonode Error

WAI TING CHAN waichan at berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 1 14:30:41 PDT 2016

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your insight. Would you mind walking me through on how to update
the IP address with the actual DNS?

This is a website I found on Configuring the DNS
<https://www.opennicproject.org/configure-your-dns/how-to-change-dns-servers-on-a-mac/>
. Does it look right to you?

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Isabel

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Patrick Dufour <pjdufour.dev at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This looks like an issue with the DNS configuration, based on the fact
> that Django should never need to know the actual EC2 url (as it's reporting
> in the error).  Try update ip with the actual DNS.  If that doesn't work,
> you may need to manually fix the siteurl, etc. in settings.py and other
> places.
>
> Regards,
> Patrick Dufour
>
> On Oct 29, 2016 6:42 AM, xbartolone at gmail.com <xbartolone at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Isabel,
>
> Don't worry, you should try to login to geonode and then access geoserver
> from there. If you find the user directly authenticated into this latter
> then the configuration is correct.
>

> Francesco
>
> Inviato da TypeApp <http://www.typeapp.com/r> per iPhone
>
> On 28 ott 2016 at 23:33, WAI TING CHAN <waichan at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> I am not too familiar with django and how does it work. Could you explain
> what do you mean by "django has released a session token"? Thank you so
> much.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Isabel
>
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 12:45 AM, Francesco Bartoli <xbartolone at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Ok that's fine. Then make sure that geoserver is properly configured for
>> authentication/authorization. From the image I see the internal hostname of
>> you aws instance is not being accepted. If you access geoserver on the
>> public address from the browser do you get the user automatically logged in
>> after django has released a session token?
>>
>> Sent from Nylas N1
>> <https://link.nylas.com/link/43o9gzlmd58gqwkxv3di3wjcc/local-87e06c7d-7160/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fnylas.com%2Fn1%3Fref%3Dn1&r=d2FpY2hhbkBiZXJrZWxleS5lZHU=>,
>> the extensible, open source mail client.
>>
>> On ott 28 2016, at 8:30 am, WAI TING CHAN <waichan at berkeley.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Francesco,
>>>
>>> Ambika has the "superuser status", so she should have access to all the
>>> layers. I also had the same error using the admin account too.
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>>
>>> Isabel
>>>
>>> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 9:55 PM, "xbartolone at gmail.com" <
>>> xbartolone at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Tina,
>>>
>>> Are you sure that the user is authorized to edit that specific layer?
>>>
>>> Francesco
>>>
>>> Inviato da TypeApp
>>> <http://www.typeapp.com/r&r=d2FpY2hhbkBiZXJrZWxleS5lZHU=> per iPhone
>>> On 28 ott 2016 at 01:44, Tina Huang <tina at ecocitybuilders.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>   One of our interns, Ambika (cc'ing here) ran into an error when she
>>> tried to edit layers on Geonode. Please see a screenshot for exact error.
>>> Do you have an idea for a solution? Much appreciated your insights! Thanks!
>>>

>>> Best,
>>> Tina