[GeoNode-users] Valid backup GeoNode 2.4

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 07:10:29 PDT 2016

Hi
I am not familiar with the directories where the package installer put
things, but yes, these are all the things that you need to backup.
Make sure to backup the data PostgreSQL database (together with the
Django one) in case you are using PostgreSQL as a data store.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 10:06 AM, LEOPOLDO JAVIER NUNEZ DE SANTIAGO .
<lnunezde at guanajuato.gob.mx> wrote:

> Hi, It is still validates this configuration to create a backup of your
> entire system GeoNode 2.4:
>

> Creating a backup
> =================
>
> #. Make a backup of the GeoNode database (PostgreSQL needs to be running)::
>
>     sudo -u postgres -i pg_dump -c -Fc geonode > geonodedb.backup
>
> #. Stop all services::
>
>     sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 stop
>     sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat6 stop
>     sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.4 stop
>
> #. Backup Geonode config & GeoServer data directory::
>
>     tar -cvzf geonodeConfigBackup.tgz /etc/geonode
>     tar -cvzf geonodeDataBackup.tgz  /var/lib/geoserver/geonode-data/
>
> #. In addition, any templates, design changes, and/or CSS files will also
> need to be captured.
>
> #. Restart all services::
>
>     sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start
>     sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat6 start