[GeoNode-users] How to set rights/permissions

christophe lefort stan4gis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 08:55:13 PDT 2016

Hi list,

I really do not interstand permissions in GeoNode.

As a superuser, I create an Auth>Group in Django GeoNode Admin with no
permission attached to this group.
I then create a People>User in Django GeoNode Admin and attach this user to
that group.

I connect to GeoNode with this user, and he has all rights on every
ressources.

As I didn't really understand the difference beetween Auth>Groups and
Groups>GroupProfiles, but saw that a group profile is viewable in GeoNode
and create automatically a Auth>Group in Django Admin, I tried the same
with a group profile (with zero permission attached to it).
Same punishment : the user can do  whatever he wants in GeoNode.

As a last test, I change DEFAULT_ANONYMOUS_VIEW_PERMISSION and
DEFAULT_ANONYMOUS_DOWNLOAD_PERMISSION to false in settings.py and restart,
but I notice no changes in GeoNode.

Does someone can explain what is wrong ?

With Regards