[GeoNode-users] geoserver authentication in multi-geosites

Eugenio Trumpy frippe12573 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 5 05:39:13 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm working on geonode 2.4 in a Ubuntu server 14.04LTS (tomcat7, java8).

I had to upgrade geoserver from 2.7.x version up to 2.9.x.

In the system I configured geonode to work as multi-geosites.

The master site is the normal geonode site, I mean it use the local_setting.py I have in /geonode/geonode

The geosites are in /geonode/geonode/contrib/geosites, and they use the relative config files.

The documentation: https://github.com/terranodo/geosites-project/blob/master/GEOSITES-README.md

indicates to leave empty <baseurl> in config.xml in security/auth/geonodeauthprovider/

In that way I have this error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: host parameter is null
        org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.<init>(HttpConnection.java:206)
        org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.<init>(HttpConnection.java:155)
        org.apache.commons.httpclient.SimpleHttpConnectionManager.getConnectionWithTimeout(SimpleHttpConnectionManager.java:175)
        org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:153)
        org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397)
        org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:323)
        org.geonode.security.HTTPClient.sendGET(HTTPClient.java:89)
        org.geonode.security.DefaultSecurityClient.authenticate(DefaultSecurityClient.java:185)
        org.geonode.security.DefaultSecurityClient.authenticateCookie(DefaultSecurityClient.java:116)
        org.geonode.security.GeoNodeAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(GeoNodeAuthenticationProvider.java:66)
        org.geoserver.security.GeoServerAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(GeoServerAuthenticationProvider.java:58)
        org.springframework.security.authentication.ProviderManager.authenticate(ProviderManager.java:167)
        org.geoserver.security.GeoServerSecurityManager$1.authenticate(GeoServerSecurityManager.java:323)
        org.geonode.security.GeoNodeCookieProcessingFilter.doFilter(GeoNodeCookieProcessingFilter.java:94)
        org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)
        org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter$NestedFilterChain.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:69)
        org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:91)
        org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerSecurityContextPersistenceFilter$1.doFilter(GeoServerSecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:53)
        org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter$NestedFilterChain.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:73)
        org.geoserver.security.filter.GeoServerCompositeFilter.doFilter(GeoServerCompositeFilter.java:92)
        org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)
        org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:213)
        org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:176)
        org.geoserver.security.GeoServerSecurityFilterChainProxy.doFilter(GeoServerSecurityFilterChainProxy.java:152)
        org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
        org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:262)
        org.geoserver.filters.LoggingFilter.doFilter(LoggingFilter.java:87)
        org.geoserver.filters.GZIPFilter.doFilter(GZIPFilter.java:42)
        org.geoserver.filters.SessionDebugFilter.doFilter(SessionDebugFilter.java:48)
        org.geoserver.filters.FlushSafeFilter.doFilter(FlushSafeFilter.java:44)
        org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterIntaernal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:121)
        org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)

both if I use the geoserver link in the menu (once logged in) and if I call geoserver by using the geoserver url in the browser address bar.

If set the doman name of the master site in <baseurl> in config.xml in security/auth/geonodeauthprovider/

I'm able to enter in geoserver as admin from the menu, by the way doing the same operation from a geosite

I got the geoserverage but not logged.

The master site virtualhost as well as those of the geosites have the proxypass and reverse pointing to http://localhost:8080/geoserver

The same in /geonode/geonode/contrib/geosites/local_setting.py and pre-setting.py I have http://localhost:8080/geoserver

Is there a wrong configuration?