[GeoNode-users] Geosites installation error

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 08:43:15 PDT 2017

Hi,

no you don't need a development installation, you can achieve the same
using a standard apt geonode installation or a geonode-project.

Unfortunately the documentation for geosites is a bit outdated but you can
make it work even without any automatic script. I suggest you to take a
look at the geonode repo as geosites is now part of it as a contrib app
(optional and less maintained) https://github.com
/GeoNode/geonode/tree/2.6.x/geonode/contrib/geosites and the geonode
homepage and docs for the installation http://www.geonode.org.

In order to use geosites you will have to understand the basics of django
projects, nothing too tricky though.
Recently Eugenio made some interesting comments on the geosites doc that
could help you, see here https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/commit/
740af85ab5654cee3d27b6611b74c39687a4187c#commitcomment-21731038

hope this helps