[GeoNode-users] Cannot upload layers

Stefano.LUONI at ext.ec.europa.eu Stefano.LUONI at ext.ec.europa.eu
Wed Dec 13 09:04:44 PST 2017

Hi,

I'm facing this issue: whenever I try to upload a layer (both shape file or raster), I receive a 403 error (Access is denied) from Tomcat.

Error code (403) from GeoServer:

HTTP Status 403 - Access is denied

type Status report

message Access is denied

description Access to the specified resource has been forbidden.

________________________________
Apache Tomcat/8.0.32 (Ubuntu)

I'm working on a custom installation of Geonode v.2.7.4 on Ubuntu 16.04. I replaced Jetty with Tomcat8 as container for Geoserver, which is 2.10-SNAPSHOT.

In Geoserver logs, I can find these errors:

ERROR [org.geoserver.rest] - No such coverage store: geonode,geonode_data

ERROR [org.geoserver.rest] -
org.geoserver.rest.RestletException

ERROR [org.geoserver.rest] - No such wms store: geonode,geonode_data

ERROR [org.geoserver.rest] -
org.geoserver.rest.RestletException

>From Apache logs, I see that there is an exception thrown by

my_venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/geoserver/catalog.py", line 249, in save

(headers['status'], body))

FailedRequestError: Error code (403) from GeoServer

Postgre sql is working correctly and I already configured and enabled a "datastore" PostGIS store in Geoserver.

I followed all instructions about custom installation of Geonode (http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/admin/install/custom_install.html) and advanced security (http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/admin/geoserver_geonode_security/).

I checked that files exist in the "uploaded" directory under Geonode folder.

I don't know what to do further to debug this issue.

Can you help me?

Thank you very much,

Stefano