[GeoNode-users] Migrating objects from one user to another

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 4 05:01:06 PST 2017

Hi All,

First off, I hope you all had a great start
into 2017!

And here's my first question for the new year:

It's a fairly common scenario that a registered
GeoNode user leaves (the project, the company, etc.)
and many of his/her objects (layer ownership,
permissions, point of contact, etc.) need to be
transferred to another user.

So far, I have done this directly using SQL UPDATEs
in the PostgreSQL backend. But that's a fairly
involved and error-prone process.

Is there a simpler, frontend way to achieve this in
GeoNode?

Or would this be a useful feature for an upcoming
version?

Best,

Ben