[GeoNode-users] Migrating objects from one user to another

Francesco Bartoli xbartolone at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 06:02:54 PST 2017

Hi Benjamin,

I would opt for an approach where you can play with groups to assign layers
and maps permissions and then add and remove user from groups rather than to
each single user.

In such a way when a user leaves you can just delete him/her from the admin
console.

Francesco

Sent from [Nylas N1](https://link.nylas.com/link/43o9gzlmd58gqwkxv3di3wjcc
/local-a58d2732-5105/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fnylas.com%2Fn1%3Fref%3Dn1&r=Z2Vv
bm9kZS11c2Vyc0BsaXN0cy5vc2dlby5vcmc=), the extensible, open source mail
client.

![](https://link.nylas.com/open/43o9gzlmd58gqwkxv3di3wjcc/local-
a58d2732-5105?r=Z2Vvbm9kZS11c2Vyc0BsaXN0cy5vc2dlby5vcmc=)

On gen 4 2017, at 2:16 pm, Benjamin Ducke <benducke at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Hi All,

> First off, I hope you all had a great start
into 2017!

> And here's my first question for the new year:

> It's a fairly common scenario that a registered
GeoNode user leaves (the project, the company, etc.)
and many of his/her objects (layer ownership,
permissions, point of contact, etc.) need to be
transferred to another user.

> So far, I have done this directly using SQL UPDATEs
in the PostgreSQL backend. But that's a fairly
involved and error-prone process.

> Is there a simpler, frontend way to achieve this in
GeoNode?

> Or would this be a useful feature for an upcoming
version?

> Best,

> Ben
users&r=Z2Vvbm9kZS11c2Vyc0BsaXN0cy5vc2dlby5vcmc=)