[GeoNode-users] Geonode deploying on a working virtual machine with Ubuntu 12.04

Gi Petrak gkpetrak at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 10:13:37 PST 2017

Thank you very much for your reply !

The issues of pink tiles in some base layers (Bing, Mapquest) and limited
zoom-in in  OpenStreetMap were fixed.
After further investigation I figured out that for Mapquest maps rendering,
I had to create an account and get an api key from MapQuest. After that, I
had to define it in my local_settings.py code. Instead, I preferred to
remove the MapQuest and Bing base layers and added BlueMarble layer (with
OpenStreetMap) . After that modification the problem of limited zoom-in in
OpenStreetMap base layer was fixed but I have no idea why.. :-)

I found very helpful the following links:
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/advanced/geonode_production/production.html#production
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/MapQuest-has-discontinued-direct-tile-access-td5275881.html

Thus, after modification the corresponding part of the code at the
local_settings.py file looks like this:

MAP_BASELAYERS = [{
    "source": {
        "ptype": "gxp_wmscsource",
        "url": GEOSERVER_URL + "wms",
        "restUrl": "/gs/rest"
     }
  },{
    "source": {"ptype": "gxp_olsource"},
    "type":"OpenLayers.Layer",
    "args":["No background"],
    "visibility": False,
    "fixed": True,
    "group":"background"
  }, {
    "source": {"ptype": "gxp_olsource"},
    "type":"OpenLayers.Layer.OSM",
    "args":["OpenStreetMap"],
    "visibility": False,
    "fixed": True,
    "group":"background"
  },{
    "source": {"ptype": "gxp_olsource"},
    "type":"OpenLayers.Layer.WMS",
    "group":"background",
    "visibility": False,
    "fixed": True,
    "args":[
      "bluemarble",
      "http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/wms",
      {
        "layers":["bluemarble"],
        "format":"image/png",
        "tiled": True,
        "tilesOrigin": [-20037508.34, -20037508.34]
      },
      {"buffer": 0}
    ]

    },{
    "source": {"ptype": "gxp_mapboxsource"},
  }
]

Best Regards,
George