[GeoNode-users] geonode-project for templates

Annalisa Schiavon annalisa.schiavon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 01:48:31 PDT 2017

Hi all!
I've create a new template after having upgraded geonode (to 2.6.1) with
this instructions:

$ django-admin startproject geoportale26
--template=https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project/archive/2.6.zip
-epy,rst
$ sudo pip install -e geoportale26

according these instructions: https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project
But I've chosed 2.6 branch, is it correct?

I've these problems:
1. I don'y have local_settings.py.sample in my dir, so I don't renamed it
and I've got only a settings.py in my dir geoportale26/geoportale26.
2. I changed/added some files in static dir (site_base.css, img, js and
geoexplorer-debug.js) and in template dir, but the file "geo_header.html"
under templates/geonode seems have no effect on the new site! In
geo_header.html
I call geoexplorer-debug.js instead of geoexplorer.js, how can I do?
To apply changes, I run python collectstatic, and it replaces original
static files in /var/www/geonode/static with mine, but how does it work
with templates?

Thanks to all
Annalisa