[GeoNode-users] Issue with admin authentication

Annalisa Schiavon annalisa.schiavon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 03:48:43 PDT 2017

Hi all.
I've followed this doc because I had some problems with permissions on
layers:
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/admin/geoserver_geonode_security/index.html
.

My geonode superuser is "*geonode*", so I access Geoserver with geonode and
setted geonode REST role service as Active role service in Security
settings.

After doing this, I can no more login in Geoserver with *admin* user.
Unfortunately, I made a "updatelayer" with --remove-deleted option and this
deleted all my layers from geonode. In geoserver there are all layers.

I try to change back Security settings and set it to "default". Now if I
make an updatelayers, geonode recreate my layers (but I have to restore my
old backups because I lost all metadata and link with the maps).

I hope that after restoring geonode DB and doing "geonode migrate
--fake-initial" I'll return to my situation of yesterday.
But how should I set Security settings?

Thanks
Annalisa