[GeoNode-users] Migrating data and maps from Geonode 2.4 to 2.6

Michael Peterman mpetermangis at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 18:34:41 PDT 2017

I have a production site running Geonode 2.4 that I would like to migrate
to 2.6 with all users, layers, and maps.  I found this thread:
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Help-for-migrate-data-from-2-4-to-2-6-td5323208.html
but it is a bit vague--do I simply dump the 2.4 databases from PostgreSQL
and restore on the 2.6 server?

On the 2.6 server, I did a manual installation because I want to have a
custom frontend. This means that the command "geonode migrate
--fake-initial" is not available, but is there a django equivalent?  Or,
would it be better to install from a package using apt-get install geonode?

Thanks.