[GeoNode-users] Error 500 when trying to create thumbnail

Jonathan Doig j.doig at unsw.edu.au
Sun Mar 5 14:45:56 PST 2017

HI Melvin

Have you checked the tomcat and web server (apache, nginx) logs for clues?

Possibly related to permissions on the uploaded/thumbs directory:

          sudo chmod -Rf 777 /home/geonode/geonode/geonode/uploaded/thumbs

Also you web server needs to be told to serve the thumbs directory. For Apache you need this block in the geonode.conf file:

    <Directory "/home/geonode/geonode/geonode/uploaded/thumbs/">
        Order allow,deny
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        Allow from all
        Require all granted