[GeoNode-users] Geonode account registrations don't work

Adam Lawrence alaw005 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 14:23:01 PST 2017

Hi,

Thank you and I like that solution better! Only problem is I still get an
500 error, and when I tried syncdb I get the following error:

$ sudo geonode syncdb
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/django-admin.py", line 5, in <module>
    management.execute_from_command_line()
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line
399, in execute_from_command_line
    utility.execute()
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line
392, in execute
    self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line
261, in fetch_command
    commands = get_commands()
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line
107, in get_commands
    apps = settings.INSTALLED_APPS
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 54,
in __getattr__
    self._setup(name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 49,
in _setup
    self._wrapped = Settings(settings_module)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line
128, in __init__
    mod = importlib.import_module(self.SETTINGS_MODULE)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/utils/importlib.py", line
40, in import_module
    __import__(name)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/settings.py", line
871, in <module>
    from local_settings import *  # noqa
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/local_settings.py",
line 110, in <module>
    INSTALLED_APPS = geonode.settings.INSTALLED_APPS + ('notification',)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'settings'

On 11 March 2017 at 00:45, Simone Dalmasso <simone.dalmasso at gmail.com>
wrote:

> oh right I forgot the geonode apps. Ok discard the previous and try with
> this one
>
> INSTALLED_APPS = geonode.settings.INSTALLED_APPS + ('notification',)

>> On 11 March 2017 at 00:16, Adam Lawrence <alaw005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you, but unfortunately it still doesn't work. I have pasted the
>>> following into my local_sttings.py from https://github.com/GeoNod
>>> e/geonode/blob/master/geonode/settings.py but I now get a server error
>>> 500 code on all pages. I did a sudo service apache2 restart after the
>>> change but do I also need to restart something else?
>>>
>>> INSTALLED_APPS = (
>>> 'modeltranslation',
>>> # Boostrap admin theme
>>> # 'django_admin_bootstrapped.bootstrap3',
>>> # 'django_admin_bootstrapped',
>>> # Apps bundled with Django
>>> 'django.contrib.auth',
>>> 'django.contrib.contenttypes',