[GeoNode-users] Installing GeoNode on RedHat OS

Patrick Dufour pjdufour.dev at gmail.com
Fri May 26 12:36:31 PDT 2017

Hello.

There are a variety of ways to install GeoNode on RHEL/CentOS.  I'm not
sure the state of the RPM packages.  For a previous project, given the
complexity of RHEL/CentOS deployment, I used Ansible to automate the
install.  If you have the time and expertise, I would suggest building a
custom Ansible playbook for your environment.  Ansible would be more
reproducible than manually running scripting commands.

I have a bunch of CentOS tasks in the repo linked below, but they haven't
been used or updated in a while.  Something you can copy and paste from, if
you like.

https://github.com/pjdufour/geonode-devops/tree/master/ansible/extra_roles/common/centos

Something to take a look at, but you might want to receive input from more
knowledgeable RHEL/CentOS experts from the GeoNode community than myself.

Regards,
Patrick