[GeoNode-users] Permission file || How to fix a specific scale in map composer

Paolo Pasquali paolo.pasquali at ithaca.polito.it
Wed Nov 8 02:13:55 PST 2017

Hi,

I just want to summarize what it is happening on my 2.6.3 version.

For no apparent reason GeoFence is not writing permissions of newly created
layers anymore. In GeoServer the new layers are not listed in the GeoFence
section.
Running updatelayers screwed up all layers permissions. The sync_geofence
script fixed the old layers but not the new ones (since the issue occurred).
Looking into catalina.out I get this error when trying to view a layer
without being logged:

08 Nov 10:49:02 ERROR [geoserver.ows] -

org.geoserver.platform.ServiceException: Could not find layer
geonode:ville_3a4edffa

So, I'm still using GeoServer 2.9 and it seems that this permission issue
has been fixed on 2.10.
Can you confirm?

What would you suggest? Upgrading to GeoServer 2.10 or reinstalling the
whole platform?

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Paolo