[GeoNode-users] Customizing Geonode (Installed via apt-get) from Geonode-project Dev

Julierme Pinheiro juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 07:17:12 PDT 2018

Dear Toni Schonbuchner and Dave Kennewell,

Thank you very much for your reply.

First if I did not misunderstand Toni suggestion, I tried the following:

*1 - Commenting out <# ENGINE': '', # Empty ENGINE name disables> from
local_settings.py in my_geonode (Geonode-Project Dev virtualenv)*

Result: the problem remains

*2 - Uncommenting out < ENGINE': '', # Empty ENGINE name disables> from
local_settings.py in my_geonode (Geonode-Project Dev virtualenv) and
inserting the line < ENGINE': '', # Empty ENGINE name disables> in
local_settings.py from Geonode (Geonode apt-get)*.

Result: the problem remains

However, I got a new response to Dave Kennewell suggestion after activating
my_geonode virtualenv:

*settings.DATABASES*
{'default': {'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.sqlite3', 'ATOMIC_REQUESTS':
False, 'CONN_MAX_AGE': 600, 'HOST': '', 'USER': '', 'PASSWORD': '',
'OPTIONS': {}, 'AUTOCOMMIT': True, 'NAME':
'/etc/julierme_virtualenv/my_geonode/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/geonode/development.db',
'TIME_ZONE': 'UTC', 'PORT': '', 'TEST': {'COLLATION': None, 'CHARSET':
None, 'NAME': None, 'MIRROR': None}}}

I think there is no database being used.

I also have to make some few notes:

*1 - ALLOWED_HOSTS, PROXY_ALLOWED_HOSTS and POSTGIS_VERSION are commented
out in local_settings.py in my_geonode (Geonode-Project Dev)*

*2 - Geoserver Port is 8080 in Geonode(apt-get) and 6060  in
my_geonode(Geonode-Project Dev), but both are running fine.*

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

I appreciated it.

Julierme