[GeoNode-users] GWC doesn't work on docker Geonode 2.10 master

Dejan Samardzic dejan.samardzic at cedis.me
Fri Dec 14 06:14:11 PST 2018

Dear Geonode community,

We have made docker Gonode 2.10 master branch installation on Ubuntu 18.04 by Alessio's guide:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S0ac9IR9IW9tUjMu7JETPLUjnfQ6P87m1PKNko8IPWY/edit

after that we have configure GeoWebCache:
1) We have configure Caching to external postgresql database:
Tile caching - Disk quota....Enable disk Quota ....Maximum tile cache size 50GiB
Disk quota check frequency:600s
Disk quota store type....External database
Target database type....PostgreSQL
JDBC data source...GeoServer managed connection pool
JDBC Driver class name.....org.postgresql.Driver
JDBC connection URL.....jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/geonode
User name.....geonode
Password.....****
Validation query.....select 1

2) Define path for cache
>From geoserver container:
mkdir /var/cache/geoserver
chmod -R 777 geoserver
vi /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/web.xml
insert :
<context-param>
       <param-name>GEOWEBCACHE_CACHE_DIR</param-name>
       <param-value>/var/cache/geoserver/</param-value>
</context-param>

Now seeding of GeoWebCache is working and creating png files in /var/cache/geoserver.
But GeoWebCache is not working. When we browse new layer it doesn't create png files in /var/cache/geoserver. Also, already created png files (using Seeding of GeoWebCash) are not delivered form cache.
Please watch for yourself about layer novi_novi_r6_Ivanje_10kV_izmijenjen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgyJw7mjXaU

regards,
Dejan Samardzic
--

 Dejan Samardžić        Rukovodilac Sektora za ICT / IT Manager

[cid:part1.92EFB31D.E2C3451C at cedis.me]
CEDIS d.o.o.
Ivana Milutinovića 12, 81000 Podgorica
gsm:    +382 67 220 971