[GeoNode-users] Installing Geonode based on domain name rather than ip address?

Paul Knight PaulKnight at redcross.org.uk
Tue Feb 20 03:53:57 PST 2018

Hi all,

We just had an issue recently where our servers migrated and we therefore got a new IP address, we tried using updateip to update the system to a new IP address. But it didn't update the IP address everywhere. We are now looking at reinstalling a new version of it on the new server and were wondering whether there was a way to install it based on our domain name rather than IP address as we don't know whether this IP will change in the future? I am not the most technical person so please feel free to explain concepts from scratch or rephrase the question if you think this approach is not the best!

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Paul