[GeoNode-users] Candidature to the GeoNode PSC

Julierme Pinheiro juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 07:15:16 PDT 2018

Dear all,
I would like to express my willing to be part of the new GeoNode PSC.

My background in Python is just the development of few scritps  using
PyQGIS. I still have a lot to learn about Python encoding and Django more
specifically.

If I can help GeoNode project making software tests, typing and updating a
tutorial or documentation, uploading data to github, count me in please.
Though I am not a Python expert, I accept the challenge of writing some
scripts. I love and enjoy programming.

Julierme Pinheiro (Land Surveyor and Cartographic Engineer for Brazilian
Navy Corp of Engineers)
I'm a Land Surveyor and Cartographic engineer serving Brazilian Navy. I was
the founder of Brazilian Directorate of Hydrography and Navigation Marine
Spatial Data Infrastructure (MSDI). I was a member of IHO MSDIWG for 3
years. I have been a member of Brazilian NSDI since 2014. Nowadays, I am
working at Ministry of Defense / Censipam. I have three websites that I
consider my "Calling Card" for SDI implementation:
(http://52.67.201.228/), (
http://52.67.158.169:8080/geonetwork/srv/eng/catalog.search#/home), (
http://52.67.201.228:8080/sdi/). I'm currently working on a SDI project to
Censipam using GeoNode as the main GeoPortal. Censipam SDI Demo project
should be a reference and part of municipal SDI projects.
Challenges and Future Prospectives:
1 - Make GeoNode a solid platform for Censipam SDI and Municipalities.
2 - Extend GeoNode with my Demo API available in: (
http://52.67.201.228:8080/sdi/).

Note: Please, If you wish to take a look on my websites, I kindly ask that
you do not take too long. I will fire the servers after sending this
e-mail. I pay for hosting my websites on Demand. I will keep the servers on
for a couple of days and then I will turn them of. Dollar rates are going
up very quick down here.

Kind regards

Julierme