[GeoNode-users] Problem with GeoFence permissions

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 09:26:39 PST 2018

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for the tip. However, I installed GeoNode from the APT repository
and I have no idea how to upgrade GeoNode or change GeoFence store from H2
to PostgreSQL.

I also added time.sleep(5) in sync_geofence.py, right before the try block
but I'm still getting an error: It fails with the message:

('Unexpected error:', <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/django-admin", line 21, in <module>
    management.execute_from_command_line()
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line
354, in execute_from_command_line
    utility.execute()
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line
346, in execute
    self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/base.py",
line 394, in run_from_argv
    self.execute(*args, **cmd_options)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/base.py",
line 445, in execute
    output = self.handle(*args, **options)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/geoserver/management/commands/sync_geofence.py",
line 60, in handle
    print 'perm_spec is %s' % perm_spec
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'perm_spec' referenced before assignment

Any other tips on how to fix this permission mess-up?

Thanks
Daniel