[GeoNode-users] Various issues GeoNode 2.6 and 2.8

Federico Gianoli alpacagis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 01:17:23 PST 2018

Dear all,

I have some issues with myGeoNode istances.

Version 2.6.x

I am not able to change the contactrole from the django Administration
panel, (Admin > Base>Contact roles). I have the same issue on the 2.8rc11
version. Could it be a problem with django permission?

On the same version (2.6) it isn't possible to change the "owner" or the
point of contact of a layer from the metadata form page, but I I have noted
that in the 2.8rc11 version this issue was solved. Is it possible to port
this fix in the previous version? If yes, where can I find the correct code?

On the same 2.6 istance, I have a problem with the thumbnails generations.
GeoNode creates only a white png for the layers. If I run "geonode
updatelayers" the problem is not solved and I can not create the thumbnails
manually.

I read that this problem was solved on the new version, is it true?
Do you suggest me to move to 2.8 in order to solve this?

On the version 2.8rc11 I have an error with the map generation.
I am not able to see any layer in a map

If I do an inspect on the page I have these errors:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

wms:1 GET
http://localhost/geoserver/wms?SERVICE=WMS&access_token=ri9yEX1YquZrz5yoo66lWz5hRUaDFr&&LAYERS=geonode%3Alabels&FORMAT=image%2Fpng&TRANSPARENT=TRUE&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&TILED=true&SRS=EPSG%3A900913&BBOX=5009377.085,3757032.81375,6261721.35625,5009377.085&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256
net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

But I see the layer correctly from the layer view...

Where am I doing wrong?
Someone had the same issue?

Thanks a lot

Fede