[GeoNode-users] updateip command

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Thu Nov 22 06:18:01 PST 2018

Hi Handy an Julierme,

the updateip command you know from apt can still be used.
This should work:

Have a look at my ansible task which makes it accessible again:
https://github.com/csgis/geonode_ansible/blob/master/tasks/helper/update_ip.yml

For example

- name: helper_update_ip | copy geonode.binary
  copy:
    src: "{{ virtualenv_dir }}/src/geonode/package/support/geonode.binary"
    dest: /usr/bin/geonode
    remote_src: yes
  become: yes

Would be translated to plain bash like:

cp  PATH_TO_VIRTUALENV/src/geonode/package/support/geonode.binary  /usr/bin/geonode

The rest is a chmod +x and a symlink …

After that you can again run: geonode_updateip -p {{ server_name }}
as usual. In case you have problems translating the yml / ansible code
let me know.

Cheers,

Toni