[GeoNode-users] updateip command

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Thu Nov 22 23:46:07 PST 2018

Yes it is dear handy,

this should work:

#  PATH_TO_YOUR_VIRTUALENV = is the path to the geonode virtualenv
source PATH_TO_YOUR_VIRTUALENV/bin/activate

# let´s copy the scripts to /usr/bin to make it systemwide exectuable
sudo cp PATH_TO_YOUR_VIRTUALENV/package/support/geonode.binary /usr/bin/geonode
sudo cp PATH_TO_YOUR_VIRTUALENV/package/support/geonode.updateip /usr/bin/geonode_updateip
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/geonode
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/geonode_updateip

# set env vars. make sure to set correct settings name and correct path to your gn project
DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE=geonode.local_settings
GEONODE_ETC=/home/handy/geonode/geonode/geonode
GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR=/var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/geoserver/data

# now run updateip
geonode_updateip -p example.com

This is taken from Alessios install docs here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jNg2BKn2H9Haoyqpe7XkK_Nj-siL7PUlhP40hGi9OZ8/edit

Best,

Toni