[GeoNode-users] Change Geonode admin password on Docker installation

Matteo Conte matteo.conte at abitat.it
Mon Oct 15 23:06:14 PDT 2018

Hi Francesco,
thank you very much. Now all work fine!
Kind regards
Matteo

Da: "Francesco Bartoli" <xbartolone at gmail.com>
A: "matteo.conte" <matteo.conte at abitat.it>
Cc: "Alessio Fabiani" <alessio.fabiani at geo-solutions.it>, "geonode-users" <geonode-users at lists.osgeo.org>
Inviato: Lunedì, 15 ottobre 2018 9:46:35
Oggetto: Re: [GeoNode-users] Change Geonode admin password on Docker installation

Hi Matteo,
after having read carefully your email I would figure out it saying that password and categories are fixtures and at the moment they are not persisted.
The quickest way you can do it is an hack by adding a new variable in the .env file django.env, i.e. SKIP_FIXTURES, and an "if" control here [ https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/entrypoint.sh#L22 | https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/entrypoint.sh#L22 ] to skip that couple of lines.

In the long term we have to decide how to manage this as it looks like to me a sort of backup policy.

Hope this helps.
Francesco