[GeoNode-users] Displaying hierarchically of the layers group in the Geonode.

Alessio Fabiani alessio.fabiani at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 01:16:36 PST 2019

Hello Francisco,
nice to meet you. It is a pleasure for us too of course.

The response to your question would be "yes-and-no". I'm trying to provide
you a bit more detailed explanation...

By using the default GeoExt GIS client (the one you get by default) with
the default configuration, it is not possible to group the layers as you
are showing in the link.
This does not mean that it is not possible in general, it could be by
tweaking the default client configuration and/or plug-in a custom version
of the client.
Unfortunately, in order to achieve this, you need to be a developer with
knowledge of both Javascript (and GeoExt library) and Python (and Django
framework).
So, given the last point, I'm not sure how much easy for you would be to
include such functionality into your GeoNode instance.

Just to provide to you few initial pointers, this is the source code of the
GeoNode default client

https://github.com/GeoNode/geoexplorer

And this is how we include it as a dependency into GeoNode

https://github.com/GeoNode/django-geoexplorer