[GeoNode-users] Geonode - uploading works but imports empty layers

Muhammad Nabi Ahmad mnabiahmad at gmail.com
Wed May 15 02:37:50 PDT 2019

Dear Toni, Manuela and All

I am having the same issue. I installed GeoNode 2.8 (using apt-get) on Ubuntu 16.04. The debug option is already true but there is no error while uploading. Once the shape file is uploaded I am also allowed to add metadata as well. Finally, when I view the uploaded layer, I see incorrect bbox (database and GeoServer has incorrect bbox) but even if I pan/zoom to my specific location I cannot see any features. I looked at the database and found the spatial table for layer is empty (but has all the attributes, means table structure was created correctly). I have tried uploading 2 different shape file but both has the same result.

Note: Raster layers and Document works fine, its only shape file that is having an issue.

Thanks Best regards

Muhammad Ahmad