[GeoNode-users] GeoNode Mapstore Client v1.0 released

Ariel Nunez ingenieroariel at gmail.com
Wed May 29 09:48:33 PDT 2019

Alessio,

Does the mapstore client allow editing styles? (I looked in the online
demo and it did not seem to be possible).

>From the community side I am personally +1 on moving it to the repo
and making it the default. And obviously +1 on not providing any bug
fixes for GeoExplorer as has been the case for a while now.

On thing worries me by completely dropping support for GoeExplorer
users currently using features that mapstore-client does not support
would not have an easy way to swap it in place (Even the old
unsupported version). My suggestion would be to keep compatibility
with GeoExplorer in place for the 2.x line and announce to drop it on
the 3.x line.

Thanks for addressing this longstanding issue, I am sure mapstore can
evolve to serve GeoNode modern user needs for the years to come.

-a

PS: Paolo Corti it would be good for you to chime in from the Harvard
Worldmap side which is one of the reasons I made my comments above.