[GeoNode-users] Geofence rule behaviour depending on layer upload method

EFTAS Oliver Buck oliver.buck at eftas.com
Fri Sep 6 02:43:34 PDT 2019

Dear all,

it might be my limited understanding of the system, or a configuration issue, but I noticed the following behaviour in Geonode in combination with Geoserver and my trial to use WMS in QGIS.

Here is what we have.

1)      a geonode system running as docker installation

2)      one layer (GIS vector) imported via Geonode "Drag&Drop" Upload function

3)      one Layer (raster) imported via Geoserver (image pyramid) due to its size

If I look at the Geofence Data Rules in the Geoserver the layer 2) is listed as beloning to the default Geoserver workspace "geonode". The layer 3) is listed as belonging to a "remoteWorkspace". Access conditions etc. are similar, as set up in the Geonode GUI. Both layers show up in Geonode. 2) directly, 3) after importing via "Remote Service".

Now if I want to use the Geoserver als WMS provider in QGIS, I only get layer 2) as available layer, despite the access rule set to "Anyone" for both layers in Geonode GUI. Layer 3 is not visible/accessible. It only gets available once I manually change the Geofence data rule for this layer (set the workspace to "geonode" and allow WMS access for anyone. This rules is then afterwards not changeable via the Geonode GUI.

Is this correct, or am I getting anything wrong here. Why is my layer imported via Geoserver listed as "remoteWorkspace", which seems fine for Geonode, but not for QGIS/WMS?

Any hints are appreciated
Oliver

--
Intergeo<https://www.intergeo.de/intergeo-en/index.php> 2019: 17th - 19th September 2019, Stuttgart, Germany.