[GeoNode-users] Problem with authentication between geonode and geoserver after a restore

Maxime Audet-Roberge maximeaudetr at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 11 10:41:16 PDT 2020

Good day geonode users,

I am trying to restore my geonode instance on a different machine but I have a problem with the authentication between geonode and geoserver. I am using geonode project 2.10.1 and geoserver 2.15.2 on a Ubuntu 18.04 machine.

First, I install geonode and geoserver. At that point, everything is working fine; I can connect to geoserver from my geonode admin account. Then I restore the geoserver data by replacing the geoserver_data directory. Everything is still working fine at that point. The problem occurs when I restore the geonode data; I can no longer login to geoserver from my geonode account. I have this message in the geoserver log:
2020-03-11 17:23:24,700 WARN [geoserver.security] - Error while trying to authenticate to OAuth2 Provider with the following Exception cause:
error="access_denied", error_description="Error requesting access token."

Strangely, I still have access to my data on geonode, I can consult them and display them on a map.

Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers!

Maxime