[GeoNode-users] Geonode installation: Tomcat version

Matthieu Schneider matthieu.schneider at gulfsat.mg
Fri Oct 9 07:29:16 PDT 2020

Hello all,

I'm deploying Geonode, production but lan ip.

Works fine for the moment, but not sure for the best way to do the
Tomcat installation part.

- Documentation say: dl the tar file on the official website, fine.
- But, I'm with Debian/Buster, there is the a Tomcat9 package. Should be
fine right? It's v9 not v8... but if it's only for servlet java?
- I read about somebody try to use Nginx
(https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/4859), do you know if it's
possible or if it's really not recommended?

ps: I try to use distrib package when it's possible

Thank you for your help,
Best regards,
--
Matthieu Schneider