[GeoNode-users] Geonode installation: Tomcat version

Matthieu Schneider matthieu.schneider at gulfsat.mg
Sun Oct 11 23:48:27 PDT 2020

Le 10/10/2020 à 13:26, Toni Schönbuchner a écrit :

> current geonode uses geoserver 2.17 which requires Java 8 or java 11
> https://docs.geoserver.org/maintain/en/user/installation/war.html
> Tomcat 9 should work with Java 8, so it should be fine to give it a try:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html
>
> Further the Docs suggest to use NGINX as a frontend server which passes
> requests to python
> further proxies requests to geoserver (which is run by tomcat).
>
> The Advanced install docs should cover all you need to know:
> https://docs.geonode.org/en/master/install/advanced/index.html

Hello Davide, Toni,

Thank you for your help ;)

Yes, I use both:
* docs.geonode.org/en/3.0/install/advanced
* docs.geonode.org/en/master/install/advanced
just in case there is some difference, but it look like the same page.

Yes, the last archive for the Tomcat 8.5 is this one:
apache-tomcat-8.5.58.tar.gz, but I will try le 9 version (from deb pkg),
I also install java/jdk 11 directly from deb/buster. If I failed, I will
give you some news here (and fall-back on 8.5.xx version).

My bad for Nginx, I read the doc by blocks, and yes, Nginx is use after.

Thank you,
Best regards,
--
Matthieu Schneider