[GeoNode-users] GeoNode MapStore Translation

1520 gis juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 17:46:49 PDT 2021

Dear developers,

I have had a hard time translating GeoNode/MapStore map templates to
portuguese. If you choose Portuguese (Brazil) from the dropdown option main
page, and after that, while exploring the mapstore maps tab, it is noticed
that this template won't be translated. I have installed mapstore codebase
and after following the guide
<https://mapstore.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developer-guide/internationalization/>
the translation can be achieved by just adding some few lines to the
./web/client/configs/localConfig.json.  Looking inside the django container
I found the localConfig.json as well the translation directory, is there
any way to make the GeoNode/MapStore translation by using the localConfig
file? MapStore guide says that the first language in the
locale/localConfig.json is supposed to be the default one. GeoNode-Project
Django container
./usr/src/geonode-contribs/risks/geonode_risks/client/MapStore2/web/client/localConfig.json
brings
Italian as the first, but GeoNode/MapStore has English as default. Could
anyone point me in the direction to change the default GeoNode/MapStore to
Portuguese (Brazil) as default? If it is not possible to use any
configuration file to change the language, could anyone point me to the map
html template inside the geonode-project django container?

Thank you very much for your time in advance.

Kind regards

Julierme