[GeoNode-users] Encrypt Password in Geonode

rizky at kartoza.com rizky at kartoza.com
Thu Sep 16 00:11:01 PDT 2021

Hi Irland,

I’m not sure about what you are trying to do.
However, I am very confident that migrating a plain text user/password is not a good idea and not very safe. It’s better for you to reconsider.

Your proposed method imply that you have a database of user and password in plaintext, and you want to move it over directly into the database. It’s technically possible using Django’s python code, by using the Profile model. Add/Find your user and change your password, and then model.save(). If you have bulk of users, you can just create a python scripts to import them all.

But, as I’ve told you before, it’s generally better to have a list of user/email, then send them a password reset link via email so that they can input the passwords themselves.

Regards,
—
Rizky Maulana Nugraha