[GeoNode-users] Adding more information to GeoNode

Pankaj Sharma Pankaj.Sharma at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Jun 4 06:33:22 PDT 2023

Hello,

I wanted to add two additional pieces of information to Geonode:

  *   for each user, we would like to add a field to hold his key
  *   for each layer, we would like to add an eternal URL where detailed information about the layer exists.

I was wondering how to add these two pieces of information.
>From this link, it seems I have to first modify the base models.py. https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/252961/geonode-add-new-fields-to-pycsw
What should I do after that? I wanted to allow the Geonode user to load his key via the user information page and upload the link for each layer.

Is there some guide that details this information?

Thanking you in advance.

Yours sincerely,
Dr. Pankaj Sharma
Research Fellow