[GeoNode-users] cloudflare tunnel geonode

Jan Willem van der Lichte jwgvanderlichte at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 07:13:57 PST 2024

Dear list,

I've got a geonode 4  in docker running on my local network, and it  is
working fine.
I would like to use a cloudflare tunnel to get it online.
But somehow i can't get it to work. Has anyone tried this with succes?

If I (for example) use rstudioserver to get it tunneled to the internet it
works fine.
In this rstudio docker-compose.yml I add the networks option  referring to
a created bridge network called tunnel.
In the services I refer to this,  see below

version: '3'
networks:
  tunnel:
    external: true

services:
  geocompx:
    image: ghcr.io/geocompx/docker:qgis
    container_name: rstudio
    restart: always
    environment:
      - USER=rstudio
      - PASSWORD=blablabla
      - ROOT=TRUE
    ports:
      - 8786:8787
    volumes:
      - geocompxdata:/home/rstudio/data
    networks:
      - tunnel

If I do the same in the geonode docker-compose.yml, it gives errors.
and geonode fails to start.

I'm a novice at this so probably I miss something, but I haven't got a clue
at the moment
Any advice is welcome  :-)

Thanks,

Met groet,