[Geoprisma-dev] XMLMapContextConfig prototype driver

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Dec 24 11:01:36 EST 2009

Hi Steve,

  If I understand your question well, you want to know if a vector layer
object would be automatically created (and added to the map) if you only
have a 'featureserver' datastore in the Resource ?

  I would say : if it doesn't have a widget that use it then 'no', else
'yes' (that fits the current default behavior).

  The issue here is that the resource wouldn't be added to the map at
all and I guess that you would want to have at least a layer to be added
to the map even if it would be a 'vector' one with no widget that would
interact with it, is that so ?  If so, I guess it would be okay to add
it to the map too anyway as a default behavior.

  So it's a choice.  Since it's only a 'default' behavior, either are
fine by me.  What do you think ?

Kind regards and ho ho hope it helps,

Alexandre

--