[Geoprisma-dev] XMLMapContextConfig prototype driver

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Dec 24 17:17:21 EST 2009

Alexandre,

I think what I was trying to understand is if I have a vector only layer
that is only in featureserver can I get it as a layer in my map. So it
sounds like the default behavior is no because other than the map it has
no widget to pull it into the configuration, but I would still be able
to add it explicitly to the map as a layer.

I think this addresses my concern that maybe some odd configuration like
this would prevent one from adding the vector layer to the map if it did
not have a matching wms service.

The overall design sounds very interesting because you are handling the
key issues of:

1) more automation by doing the intuitive things
2) reduction of duplication in the XML which is hard to update and
manage when you have to make changes to it.
3) Lots of overrides to the default behavior to allow users to
change/control the behavior of the automation

Many thanks again,
   -Steve