Re: [Geoprisma-dev] #9250 (Add jQuery Tools to base install) – Plone

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Wed Nov 11 14:25:25 EST 2009

Hey,

Yves Moisan wrote:

> And maybe it should not.  I find the geoprisma.org website now (Ext
> based) not very RESTful.  For example it is awfully hard to point people
> to specific urls of the website (e.g. geoprisma/download) and I don't
> think that is very good web behaviour.  All tabs on that site should be
> urls IMO.  I precisely hate Flash apps for that very reason : try to
> point someone to a url in a Flash site.

You're absolutely about that.  The website geoprisma.org doesn't really
need something as big as ExtJS since it's just a website and not an
"application".  Some work could be done to change the JS library of
geoprisma.org to something lighter, such as jQuery Tools.

  But, in the end, I still think that GeoPrisma (itself) is destined to
be more "application-like" and gain a lot fo benefits to use what's
already existent (GeoExt / MapFish ==> ExtJS).

Best regards,

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears