[Geoprisma-dev] The image cannot be displayed

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Feb 4 10:26:27 EST 2010

Yves Moisan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am experiencing a somewhat disconcerting behaviour at times that I'd
> like to know if other people experienced too.  In a nutshell, I
> sometimes get the following MapServer response (text output as an image
> so it's gotta be from MapServer) :
>
> `The image
> "http://somehost/gp/proxy.php?osmservice=MapServer&osmtoken=TODO%
> 20Delete%
> 20this&osmresource[]=some_resource&TRANSPARENT=true&LAYERS=some_layer&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&EXCEPTIONS=application%2Fvnd.ogc.se_inimage&FORMAT=image%2Fpng&SRS=EPSG%3A900913&BBOX=-28471264.290562,-8805545.486875,28471264.290562,8805545.826875&WIDTH=1455&HEIGHT=450" cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.`

Bonjour yves,

I have seen this error a few times before, but the last time was quite a
while ago. If I remember correctly the "... cannot be displayed, because
it contains errors" message is produced by Firefox itself because it
receives a corrupt image from MapServer (or whatever the remote server is).

The image may be corrupt for a few reasons, either it is truncated
(server crashed before returning the full image), or it contains some
unexpected bytes in the binary data, most likely some error or debug
message (caused by a poorly handled error situation in the server). I
think a "View Source" on the error page will reveal the contents of the
data stream which should contain hints about the source of the problem.
If you can't find it yourself, please send me a URL that produces this
error and I'll have a look.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette