[Geoprisma-dev] Highlight on shortcut

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Wed Feb 24 12:17:31 EST 2010

Hey,

  Thanks for the new feature and your hard work.

  I think there might be a small issue on the way it's done.  See at :

http://www.geoprisma.org/samples/shortcut/activateresources/index.php

  * from the first combobox, select 111.  The road gets highlighted.
  * click on map, the road is unhighlighted.
  * from the first combobox, select 113.
  * from the first combobox, select 111.  The road doesn't get highlighted.
  * from the first combobox, select 138.
  * from the first combobox, select 111.  The road gets highlighted.

  Weird.  I guess it's a map "move" event problem...

Alexandre

Yves Moisan wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> r798 closes a first pass on feature highlighting.  With that commit,
> the ShortCut widget behaves like the InitialView : if an existing
> vector (featureserver) layer exists, it uses that for highlighting,
> else it creates a temporary one.  The way it's implemented is a bit
> different than in InitialView so maybe we'll be due for some code
> refactoring soon.  Also, I'm pretty sure we could do better than
> create/destroy the temps layer on evert zoomTo event triggered by the
> ShortCut.
>
> Like for the InitialView, highlighting is optional (in the ShortCut
> options in the configuration file).  I changed the 3 config.xml files
> for the ShortCut examples to include highlighting.  Also : the
> unhighlight (or temp vector layer destruction) is triggered on click
> now rather than on moveend both for ShortCut and InitialView.  This
> allows users to zoom in/out and still see the feature highlighted.  I
> thought pan would work too, but it seems the mouse drag ends up as a
> click so panning unhighlights features.
> Cheers,
>
> Yves

Alexandre Dubé