[Geoprisma-dev] Hosting for geoprisma.org

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Tue Nov 23 08:57:07 EST 2010

On 10-11-23 08:08 AM, Yves Moisan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is a call for people wishing to host geoprisma.org.  Our current
> set up (on one of our virtual machines) is pretty shaky and we would
> like to have a decent geoprisma.org hosting environment.  Is anyone
> interested ?  Could we host the project on OSGeo infrastructure (or
> maptools) ?
[...]

> Also, it may be a good time to refresh geoprisma.org's look, by using
> something simpler than the current ExtJS set up (or maybe that's okay) ?

I agree.

>   All the change that's been going on over the last few months has
> sort of gone through without notice

Well, notices were sent to the dev mailing list, but not on the website
indeed.  Someone who arrives for the first time on the website doesn't
know where to start, nor what's new.

> so maybe a change of looks could bring some attention to the new
> widgets, DB config, etc. ?

I would be in favor in using plain html and css only (no javascript
library used for 'fashioned' stuff)...

Thanks,

--
Alexandre Dubé