[Geoprisma-users] New Widgets Ideas

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Fri Dec 4 08:39:53 EST 2009

Hi Stephen,

  It is recommended to checkout the trunk version of GeoPrisma when
developping new widgets.  Contributions are welcomed.  There's a new
"how to create new widgets" topic in doc, it would be nice to have you
try it and comment.  Use the Trac to create tickets.

  Also, for development discussions, you can use the dev mailing list.

  More comments below :

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> 1) initialView widget that x,y,zoom and positions the map to that
> location and zoom on initial load. You should also be able to pass the
> x,y,zoom on the url.
You could do that directly in your template.xslt file.  Replace the
oMap.zoomToMaxExtent() for your initial load.

> 2) A permalink widget that might extend the initalView widget with a
> list of layers on/off. I would be nice if it could be placed in the
> geoexttoolbar or a separate div somewhere.
OpenLayers has a Permalink control.  Would it be possible to integrate
it in GeoPrisma ?

Kind regards,

--
Alexandre Dubé