[Geoprisma-users] Back to GP again

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Nov 26 08:21:50 EST 2009

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> If widgets "declared" their library dependencies, it would be easy to
> just include those libraries that were needed.

I agree.  However, In a development environment, we use uncompressed
versions of the lib (MapFish, OpenLayers, GeoExt, etc.) but in a
production env., we use a compressed (build) version of these.  Having
to load the libs required / widget would make that task hard and would
be a loss of performance for a gain (by not having what we don't need).

Having a build "on the fly" could be an option too.

>> I wouldn't go that far for the current tutorial.  It could be a nice
>> 2nd tutorial *for dummies*  What do you think ?
>
> I think you need to assume that all newbies to your project will need
> the "tutorial for dummies" by definition of what a newbie is and hence
> the need for tutorials in the first place.
>
> I think you are on a roll and should keep going, the tutorial can
> always be updated with more detail in "rev 2", but making it more
> concrete will make it much more useful. I know it is a LOT more work.
> From a priority point of view you have a lot of things that are not
> documented, a lot less than last week :), so keep going so everything
> has a first pass of docs.

I see.  I'll ask the devs what they think about this, then.

> Thanks again for all your hard work.

Thanks for your comments,

Alexandre

--