[Geoprisma-users] datastore vs resource

Alexandre Dubé adube at mapgears.com
Mon Dec 3 06:12:48 PST 2012

Steve,

   If I may add: a DataStore is the equivalent of a mapfile layer, or a
layer in any service config.  To retake Alexandre's example :

   [DATA] is a 'hospital' table from PostGIS

   [DATA] -> [MapServer WMS Service] -> served as a 'hospital' layer
inside a mapfile, which becomes the [Hospital WMS DataSource] in GeoPrisma

   [DATA] -> [TinyOWS WFS Service] -> served as well as a 'hospital'
layer inside the config.xml, which becomes the [Hospital WFS DataSource]
in GeoPrisma

   Those 2 DataSource point to the same data in the back-end.  They are
now grouped as a single entity called 'Resource' in GeoPrisma.  The
authorization to read/write this data is then linked to the Resource,
not the DataStore nor the Services.  That way, a single 'Read access to
the Resource to a user' would allow all requests to the WMS service as
well as GetFeature requests to the WFS one.

HTH,

Regards,

Alexandre

Alexandre Dubé