[Geoprisma-users] datastore vs resource

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Mon Dec 3 06:33:15 PST 2012

The confusion was that we only have wms service. So 1 datastore = 1
resource. We have more than 200 layers...
The concept of a resource seems to be unnecessary to us...for the moment.
thanks everyone for your help
Steve

Alexandre Dubé <adube at mapgears.com>@lists.osgeo.org
Envoyé par : geoprisma-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
2012-12-03 09:12

geoprisma-users at lists.osgeo.org
cc

Objet
Re: [Geoprisma-users] datastore vs resource

Steve,

  If I may add: a DataStore is the equivalent of a mapfile layer, or a
layer in any service config.  To retake Alexandre's example :

  [DATA] is a 'hospital' table from PostGIS

  [DATA] -> [MapServer WMS Service] -> served as a 'hospital' layer inside
a mapfile, which becomes the [Hospital WMS DataSource] in GeoPrisma

  [DATA] -> [TinyOWS WFS Service] -> served as well as a 'hospital' layer
inside the config.xml, which becomes the [Hospital WFS DataSource] in
GeoPrisma

  Those 2 DataSource point to the same data in the back-end.  They are now
grouped as a single entity called 'Resource' in GeoPrisma.  The
authorization to read/write this data is then linked to the Resource, not
the DataStore nor the Services.  That way, a single 'Read access to the
Resource to a user' would allow all requests to the WMS service as well as
GetFeature requests to the WFS one.

HTH,

Regards,

Alexandre