[geos-devel] Coordinate & Coordinate list

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Thu Nov 14 18:42:04 EST 2002

Martin Davis writes:

> Good point about returning a pointer instead of a value.  Or even better I think (certainly a more precise reflection of the
usage), return a reference.

> Not sure about the reason for the large number of Coordinate allocations.  I think we should make the obvious changes to the
CoordinateList interface and then rerun the metrics, since things may change quite a bit.

Changing the code to return a references for both the CoordinateLists
and the Coordinates themselves is a GOOD idea !

This will also make the 'C' code much more like the JAVA it
is trying to duplicate and should make 'speed' comparisons
more meaningful :-)

Norman